Reduced diameter masts are often the first choice for wave and hardcore sailors. Their narrow diameter and thicker walled configuration makes them inherently stronger than an equivalent standard diameter mast.
The RD Wave is 96% carbon fibre with the full ‘ProTec’ coating to top and bottom halves accounting for the other 4%. All top and bottom halves are guaranteed interchangeable with the new precision joint system. The narrower diameter of the lower part of the mast has a significant effect on how it will match the sail’s luff curve. We’ve made a corresponding adjustment to the mast’s bend curve, in order to achieve a perfect fit with conventionally cut sails.
The RD Wave is recommended for hard use in all non-racing disciplines:
To find out more about the bend curves numbers click here